View Old Facebook Messages - Have you been searching for an old Facebook message? Locating a message, be it an individual one or a vital service communication, should only take you a couple of clicks of the mouse - as long as you didn't erase the message, you need to be able to discover it. The message may have been archived, or it can just not be showing in your message listing. Your message listing shows just present messages up until you inform Facebook to show even more items.
View Old Facebook Messages
Component 1. Where to Read the Old Facebook Messenger Messages on Android
To see your old Facebook Messenger app messages on your Android device, you'll need to take on the adhering to actions:
- The first thing you'll need to do is guarantee you are logged into the Messenger app with your Facebook login information.
- Once you are logged into the application, locate the user whose conversation you wish to see and choose them. Now you've selected them your entire conversation history with them will open, showing your latest messages initially.
- To see your older messages you'll require to scroll upwards through your conversation history, which will lead you to your oldest messages with the chosen contact.
It is a wordy process however, regrettably, there isn't presently any kind of capability in the Android Messenger tool to view your older messages any quicker. Fortunately, there are a couple of things you can do by means of the Facebook website to sort with your stockpile of messages a lot quicker and work your method from earliest to newest, as opposed to using the Messenger app and also losing your time scrolling with message after message.
Component 2. Tips for Reading Old Messages on Facebook Faster
To review your old Facebook messages by means of the Facebook website without scrolling through your whole history, there are a couple of various techniques you can try:.
Method 1: Search for a Keyword phrase
- Log into Facebook and also open the Messages display. Your conversations will be displayed down the left hand side of the screen.
- Choose the conversation you wish to see. One of the most current messages in the conversation will now be displayed.
- At the top of the screen you'll see a magnifying glass symbol, click on this and also you'll see a search bar displayed.
- At this stage you'll require to look for a search phrase that you know shows up in your earlier messages with this person. When you have actually thought of the search phrase and searched for it, it will certainly skip through your messages history to the messages that contain the keyword phrase, bringing you back to the beginning of your Facebook conversation with your particular contact.
Technique 2: Change the LINK
- Log onto Facebook and also see http://m.facebook.com/messages/. From this screen you'll require to pick the conversation you intend to see, after that best click the "See older messages" tab and choose "Open in new tab".
- Sight the URL that's presented. It will be something like: https://m.facebook.com/messages/read/?tid=id.???&start=6&pagination_direction=1&refid=12 Look for the part of the URL that reviews "start=6" and also change this number to about the number of messages you have in your conversation. As an example, if you assume you've traded 1000 messages change the number to Read "start=975".
- The modification to the URL will certainly take you back much even more through your message history, so all you'll require to do is scroll back a little way to find yourself at the oldest end of your message thread.
There are a couple of various other things you can try, consisting of downloading your Facebook account. If you log into Facebook as well as gain access to "Settings", you can select "Download a copy of your Facebook data", which will condense every one of your Facebook account as well as messages into one useful documents. Once it's downloaded (it can take a while - as you visualize, it's a quite huge file!) you can open up the HTML file in your normal browser and also gain access to your old messages in this way.
Another option to access your old Facebook messages on your Android gadget is to install the app Message Back-up for Facebook. This application allows you to conveniently download a duplicate of your entire Facebook message history, making the process quick as well as quickly. The download is conserved as a.csv documents, so you can open it and read through your old messages making use of any kind of spreadsheet program.